50? Where Did The Years Go?

I guess I should start by mentioning that I never thought I would even see this day. When you lose a parent at the age of 12, and they die at the very young age of 45, you tend to wonder if you yourself will see beyond that age. I will never forget waking up on my 45th birthday with the sinking feeling that my life was over and my end days were very near. Combine that with the fact that I too was overweight like my Mom. It was a very tough time in my life. As each year has past, I wondered if it was my time. I have spent most of my entire life (since my Mom died) living each moment like it was my last, trying to get an entire life crowded into to 45 years. What is funny is that I was so worried about dying young, yet I wasn't taking care of my health. Go figure.

I am not sure if I am what they call an emotional eater. Since I started the Medifast diet, I find myself trying to figure how I managed to get where I did. Knowing that my weight issues could only hurt me...why? I am still searching for that answer, but I guess if we knew the answer to being overweight, we would not have the problems in our country that we do. For now, I am just feeling extremely blessed that I have woke up and found a program that actually is working for me. Medifast has been crazy easy and the results have been quick.

I can't believe that I turned 50 this year. Where did the years go? While I have suffered incredible loss at a young age, I have also been blessed beyond measure over my adult years.. An incredible husband, 2 awesome boys, loving family, a great job, beautiful home, and some of the best friendships ever. For the last 20 something years, I have really only lacked one thing.....being happy with how I looked and felt about weight. I now realize that I am not gonna die at the same age as my Mom..I don't know when that day will be. Only God knows my days, but I plan to live out the remaining years differently, starting with my weight. I created this blog to inspire others to make a change like I am doing, and to say to those who think they are too old to change their weight issues....it is NEVER TOO LATE!

You know from the earlier post that I made it thru my first month on the Medifast program. I am happy to report that Month two and three were more of the same success story..Thanks to the Medifast program I am losing weight at a steady pace and people are now starting to take notice..so am I. I re-set my goal to lose 40 pounds by my Vacation/Birthday week....I DID IT! I made it just in time for our Vacation...I'm feeling the best I have felt in years. I actually made my goal and I can't tell you how great that felt for me. When you lose enough that people start to really notice the difference, and your clothes start falling off...that drives you to a whole new level..I was on my game and things were going great...until vacation. I will tell you in my next post what happened while on my Birthday vacation week... Happy Birthday to me..I'm 50!? OMG, Where did the years go?

No comments:

Post a Comment