Moving Forward..Picking Up Speed!

You know how you always start out with such gusto? I made it thru day 1 without a hitch. I had read where lots of Medifasters were feeling bad for the first few days, but I can honestly say my body was really liking this and I was heading into this with a very positive outlook. I know it sounds strange to say at this point in the game, but I really felt different about losing weight this time. Maybe because I really need to succeed more than ever. I need this...

I can tell you that about a week into this I got an incredible energy boost. They call that Ketosis, or the fat-burning state... It is the best place to be in this program and the place the program is designed to get you to if you follow the exact plan. It is in this state that the pounds fly off like crazy. In my case, 100 pounds could be gone in a matter of months and the thought of that just blew my mind. Ketosis was for sure a feeling as much as a state of being.... I was running around the house cleaning everything, and even had a bit of a spring in my step. It was really nice to have some energy again.

I will say the majority of my first week was spent just trying to get myself used to the program. I was never much of a breakfast person, and I rarely drank plain water prior to the program. Plain water actually makes me sick. I now had to balance eating 6 times a day, plus an optional snack AND get in 64oz of water every day... See, the first week you spend trying out alot of the food and figuring out what your taste buds will handle... I read somewhere on the Medifast site where you can actually order samples of everything. Wish I would have known that... There was alot I didn't like and alot I was scared to try. The Oatmeal and Soup was a bit strange and I still haven't got used to it... I started my first week on mostly shakes, because I wanted to do everything right. I slowly added in more MF options as the week progressed....my favorites at this point are Choco Shakes, Choco Pudding, Peanut Butter Bars...and Puffs.... I am doing ok and the weight is flying off...

I set myself some mini goals in the beginning at the suggestion of the coaching staff at the Medifast Clinic. My first goal was to lose 30 pounds by my birthday....and be halfway to my goal (50 pounds) by the middle of April...I was doing really great and while there was a bit of struggle to get it all in each day, I was doing it and quite proud of myself. I am surrounded by an awesome support team...my husband, and 2 sons, but the best possible thing I did was friend with Medifast on Facebook. I have made the most incredible friendships with people that post there (Kathy, Cheryl, Melissa, Kimberly, Geri, Jessica, Ally, and the list goes on....) there one of the main reasons that I think will far exceed this journey... They understand what I'm going thru and the support they give is above the rest! They will be there for you to give you kudos when you do well, share the good and bad, and keep you right on your path... I have no doubt that I will cross the finish line with all of them...

I am proud to tell you that by the end of my first month, I had already lost something like 26.5 pounds. And I still had like 30 days till my Birthday. My first goal was like 4 pounds away and I was well on my way to reaching it and exceeding it... You know what that means? Time to increase the goal! At this point, I had decided to increase the mini goal to 40 pounds by my 50th Birthday on March 16th.... On my next post, I will take you on my 50th Birthday Spring Break Road Trip, and tell you all about life on the plan while traveling....Its been pretty easy to keep my willpower in check up to this point.. But traveling gives it a bit of a twist. The loss has given me some momentum... I have started doing some mild forms of exercise, but nothing crazy. It's about to get interesting and challenging. Stick with me and see what happens next on my Medifast Journey to lose the weight once and for all....
See ya soon! :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice job. Glad to see you are feeling good. I have had the same experience on MF. I love it. I have lost 56 since Nov 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, you mentioned me! You're doing so well Pattie! You're like my MF idol! I'm doing it on and off, but continuing to lose which is making me so happy.

    I'm following you now!

    FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete