Pinch Me, Is This For Real?

After returning from vacation, I had a few weeks where the weight loss was not that great. I really wanted to lose alot more than I had at this point, yet I was starting to see a difference in how I saw was looking in the mirror. I had dreaded the mirror for so many years, that for the first few weeks, I still didn't really see change. I guess it also had alot to do with the fact that there was alot to lose.

As I have said in past posts, I try to set mini goals along the way to give me something to work for in between the big goal I am working towards. My next goal was to set a 50 pound loss, which is halfway for the 100 pound loss I set in the beginning of all this...Well I made it! People are starting to ask me now what I am doing. I find it hilarious to see how someone asks you what you have done, without implying you were fat before this. They sort of tip-toe around it with lines like "You look so healthy, what are you doing?", and "Wow, your pants look a little loose,are you losing some weight?". At that moment, I just want to say Thanks for noticing and yes my once fat behind is shrinking. LOL.

I knew if I could get to my halfway point it would be an amazing feeling. I am not quite sure how I got here really. Can someone PLEASE pinch me. Is this for real? It has all happened really fast. The food has been so good and the entire program has been so basic and easy to follow. It all seems too good to be true. I have started trying alot of the recipes I'm finding out there for Medifast clients. I even decided to create this Blog after being into reading other blogs, and I also have created a Group on Facebook called Medifast Buddies. I found that there were lots of little tidbits that I had to find out on my own and was constantly seeing posts and questions come up...I wanted to help. I am so very passionate about the Medifast way of life, and no other diet has gotten me to this level. I celebrate in the little things that others may find funny. I have accomplished alot, and I am only halfway done. Of course, after losing the weight, I have the task of keeping it off once and for all.

I no longer lose my breath when I go up a small flight of stairs. My thighs don't rub together when I walk. I am wearing clothes that I hadn't worn in a very long time. I don't snore and stop breathing when I sleep. And the biggest thing, is that I am no longer in an area of concern of being Type 2 Diabetic. What was I thinking all those years? And why was I never able to get there until now. I think it was mostly because I didn't want to be there. I didn't really commit to diets before, like I am now, and I wasn't on a program that worked.

Medifast is a science from what I can tell. A plan that is based on 5 Medifast Packaged Meals that you mix and match from and 1 Lean Protein Low Carb (Lean and Green) Meal each day. You buy the food thru Medifast or a Health Coach and away you go. At the end of the this post, I have lost a total of 54 pounds. I am still going strong and still learning new things about eating healthy along the way. I am playing basketball with my kids.

What has hit home the hardest for me was when my son gave me a hug and without words I could feel him wrap his arms around me and grab his other hand and say "hmmm, that's cool". I ask him what he meant and he said I can reach all the way around you now and give you a real hug. I can touch my other hand. I felt sad and happy all in the same moment. Sad because I had allowed myself to get to that badly overweight point in my life, where a smile was fake, and happiness was superficial. I was happy now, because people were taking notice of my efforts. I was accomplishing something I had not been able to accomplish up till now. I could never lose 5 pounds and now I had lost 54 pounds. I feel incredible and I am only halfway thru the program! I feel like I can fly.



I am happy inside and out for the first time in a long time. My husband thinks it's funny that I want my picture taken all the time when I used to get mad if someone got my picture.

1 comment: