This Amazing Race

I have done so many diets in my lifetime. I think that if I tried to name them all, I wouldn't be able to remember them all. I want to tell you about one that stood out for me the most...I had heard about a program local in my area..it wasn't cheap but then again which of them are. I went for a evaluation, EKG, and discussed with the doctor. I was put on several meds...one of them being Phen-fen. I lost weight like crazy, but I was truly wired for sound.. I lost 65 pounds on that diet,but the minute I got off the drugs it came back and this time with a vengance. I not only gained all of back in a short period of time, but I added to it.

My point in telling you this, is that all these diets that we do, that we fail at only messes up our metabolism more. In my case, I was one of the lucky ones that didn't get the bad effects of being on phen-fen. That was scary to think that something I was taking to try to help my health, had the capability of hurting me worse than the food. I wish I would have found this program a long time ago. In the back of my mind, noone needed to tell me I was overweight, I already knew it. I had so many people offer me advice back then. I know they were just trying to help, but my gosh if it were that easy, do they really think that I would have not gotten thin sooner. It was always easier said the done for me.

I am sitting at 58 pounds lost on the program now and I am going strong. There is nothing stopping me. I know that this plan works and I totally get it. I must say that I am quite impressed. I have never had such great results before....and whats even better is that at now point have I dislike the food, or felt lacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment